Pillar to Post has been the preferred home inspection company in the Sault Ste Marie area since 2004. We provide thorough professional home inspections in the Algoma District from Wawa and Dubreuilville to Blind River and the surrounding areas.
We have grown into one of the most respected full service home inspection companies in the area, earning the trust of home buyers, sellers and Real Estate professionals.
We are a husband and wife team with ties to the local community. Chris handles the professional home inspections, and Patty handles all of the office management and marketing. We have been helping buyers, sellers and professionals in the real estate market make informed decisions.
Exceeding the Home Inspection Industry Standards
- As your local Pillar To Post home inspector in Sault Ste Marie, we have performed many quality home inspections.
- Our home inspection experience includes many types of residential structures, from single family homes to multi-unit and light commercial buildings.
Continuing Education Program for Realtors
- We offer Continuing Education Courses to local Real Estate agents to educate them on home related topics.
- At the end of the 1 hour course the agent will earn 1 Credit towards their mandatory RECO continuing education credits.
- Since receiving certification to instruct these courses we have been conducting CEP’s and issuing credit hours to Realtors in the comfort of their own offices.
Other Services That Are Available
- Radon Testing
- Mold Sampling
- WETT inspections for fireplaces, wood stoves and wood inserts
- Asbestos Sampling
- Air Quality Sampling
About Your Home Inspection
The time required for a professional home inspection can vary, and will usually take from two to four hours for most homes. We strongly recommend that you, the potential purchaser, be present for the entire inspection. This way you can see what we see and hear what we say, and clearly understand all the facets of your future home. At the conclusion of the inspection:
- Chris will record the findings, and print the computerized inspection report with relevant colour pictures.
- Your report will be presented to you in an easy to read Pillar To Post home inspection binder.
- The report and photos will be discussed with you, and Chris will answer your questions about the home inspection.
- The report can also be sent via e-mail in a PDF file for you to save for future review.
Community Ties and Industry Qualifications
- Certified Pillar to Post Home Inspector.
- Extensive construction industry experience.
- Member of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce.
- Fully insured with Errors and Omissions insurance.
- WETT – Wood Energy Transfer Technology Certified Inspector.
- Experience as a volunteer firefighter.
- Certified to conduct mold inspections.
- Certified to conduct IAC2 Indoor Air Quality testing.
- Qualified to instruct Continuing Education Courses for Realtors.